How can I return multiple values?
If you are returning more than 1 value that are related, then it makes sense to encapsulate them into a class and then return an object of that class. If you want to return unrelated values, then you can use Java’s built-in container classes like Map, List, Set etc.
Is it possible to return multiple values from a function?
Even though a function can return only one value but that value can be of pointer type. … If we want the function to return multiple values of same data types, we could return the pointer to array of that data types. We can also make the function return multiple values by using the arguments of the function.
How do you return a value from a function C++?
To return a value back to the caller, two things are needed.
- First, your function has to indicate what type of value will be returned. …
- Second, inside the function that will return a value, we use a return statement to indicate the specific value being returned to the caller. …
- Functions are not required to return a value.
Can functions have multiple return statements C++?
You can have multiple return statements and it should not matter, if you are returning the same variable. However if you have multiple variables in your function and you return then differently depending on the code flow the compiler cannot perform such optimisation.
Can we return multiple values in Python?
In Python, you can return multiple values by simply return them separated by commas. As an example, define a function that returns a string and a number as follows: Just write each value after the return , separated by commas. … Note that it is actually the comma which makes a tuple, not the parentheses.
Is it bad to have multiple return statements?
Multiple return statements in a method will cause your code not to be purely object-oriented. Here you’ll find an example where you can use a clean OOP approach instead of using multiple returns. … The answer may surprise you: In a pure object-oriented world, a method must have a single return statement and nothing else.
Can a VBA function return multiple values?
1. Return multiple values by using passing arguments By Reference. Passing arguments By Reference is probably the most common way to return multiple values from a function. … It is a good coding practice for VBA and VB6 to include either the ByVal or ByRef keyword for each function argument (also called parameter).
What does return 1 do in C++?
returning different values like return 1 or return -1 means that program is returning error . When exit(0) is used to exit from program, destructors for locally scoped non-static objects are not called. But destructors are called if return 0 is used.
How do you return a value from a void function in C++?
Return from void functions in C++
- A void function can do return. We can simply write return statement in a void fun(). …
- A void fun() can return another void function.
- A void() can return a void value. A void() cannot return a value that can be used.
29 мая 2017 г.
What does return 0 do in C++?
The return value of the main function is considered the “Exit Status” of the application. On most operating systems returning 0 is a success status like saying “The program worked fine”. In C++ it is optional to type ” return 0; ” at the end of the main function and the compiler includes it automatically.
Can you return a function in C++?
Functions shall not have a return type of type array or function, although they may have a return type of type pointer or reference to such things.
How does return function work in C++?
return Statement (C++)
Terminates the execution of a function and returns control to the calling function (or to the operating system if you transfer control from the main function). Execution resumes in the calling function at the point immediately following the call.