How do you indent the second line of a text?
A Hanging indent, also known as a second line indent, sets off the first line of a paragraph by positioning it at the margin, and then indenting each subsequent line of the paragraph. Select the text where you want to add a hanging indent. > Indents and Spacing. Under Special, select Hanging.
How do you indent the second line of a bullet point?
7, depending on how much your instructor wants the second line to be indented.
For Word 2016:
- Highlight you bulleted list and right click.
- Select Adjust List Indents from the pop up menu.
- Under Follow number with: select Space and hit OK.
How do I indent the second line without indenting?
It’s easier done than said (works for Word on PC or MAC):
- Place your cursor at the beginning of your citation, and highlight it.
- Right click your mouse.
- Select Paragraph from the resulting pop up menu.
- Under Indentation, use the Special pull-down menu to select hanging.
- Use the By menu to select 0.5″
How do you do a hanging indent in HTML?
The typical hanging paragraph is formatted by moving the left margin to the right then pulling the first line back to the left with the text-indent property. You can apply it to a paragraph by changing the opening <p> tag to <p class=”hang” > .
What is a hanging indent in Word?
A hanging indent is an indent that indents all text except for the first line.
How many spaces is an indent?
What is a hanging bullet?
In word processing, a paragraph that has all lines but the first indented. A hanging indent is also known as a hanging paragraph. With many word processors, you can create hanging indents by specifying a negative indentation for the first line of each paragraph.
How do you indent a bullet point?
Change bullet indents
- Select the bullets in the list by clicking a bullet. …
- Right-click, and then click Adjust List Indents.
- Change the distance of the bullet indent from the margin by clicking the arrows in the Bullet position box, or change the distance between the bullet and the text by clicking the arrows in the Text indent box.
Why won’t my bullets indent in Word?
Office button → “Word Options” → “Proofing” → “AutoCorrect Options” → “AutoFormat As You Type” Check the “Set left- and first-indent with tabs and backspaces” box.
Why won’t Google Docs let me indent the second line?
I need hanging indents. … To get a hanging indent, put your cursor in the line/paragraph you want to indent and go to Format > Align & Indent > Indentation options. Under “Special,” select “Hanging.” Press the blue Apply button to save your changes.15 мая 2019 г.
What is a hanging indent MLA?
In MLA Format. 4 Min read. Also called a second line indent or reverse indent, a hanging indent means the second line is indented five spaces from the first line. In terms of how to indent a citation in your works cited, you can create a hanging indent in any word processing program, like Word or Google Docs.
How do I indent only one line in Word?
First-line indent by default
- Put the cursor anywhere in the paragraph.
- On the Home tab, right-click the Normal style, and choose Modify.
- Select Format, and then choose Paragraph.
- On the Indents and Spacing tab, under Indentation, select First line.
- Select OK.
- Select OK again.
How do I indent CSS?
The text-indent property specifies the indentation of the first line in a text-block. Note: Negative values are allowed. The first line will be indented to the left if the value is negative.
How do you do a hanging indent in APA format?
To create a hanging indent:
- Go to References page of your paper.
- Click arrow to expand Paragraph box (under Home).
- Under Indentation: Special select Hanging.
- This defaults to 0.5″ (which is standard for APA style).
- Click OK.