How do you indent the second line of a text?
A Hanging indent, also known as a second line indent, sets off the first line of a paragraph by positioning it at the margin, and then indenting each subsequent line of the paragraph. Select the text where you want to add a hanging indent. > Indents and Spacing. Under Special, select Hanging.
How do you indent a list in CSS?
In Internet Explorer and Opera, the lists are indented by setting a left margin of 40 pixels on the <ul> element.
Indenting It Twice
- Give each <li> element a left margin.
- Give the <ul> element a left margin.
- Give the <ul> element some left padding.
How do you indent a list?
Change bullet indents
- Select the bullets in the list by clicking a bullet. …
- Right-click, and then click Adjust List Indents.
- Change the distance of the bullet indent from the margin by clicking the arrows in the Bullet position box, or change the distance between the bullet and the text by clicking the arrows in the Text indent box.
How do I indent in HTML?
Spacing and indentation should be consistent throughout your code. Many developers choose to use 4-space or 2-space indentation. In HTML, each nested tag should be indented exactly once inside of its parent tag. Place a line break after every block element.
How do you indent the second line in APA?
It’s easier done than said (works for Word on PC or MAC):
- Place your cursor at the beginning of your citation, and highlight it.
- Right click your mouse.
- Select Paragraph from the resulting pop up menu.
- Under Indentation, use the Special pull-down menu to select hanging.
- Use the By menu to select 0.5″
How do you indent all the first line?
First-line indent by default
- Put the cursor anywhere in the paragraph.
- On the Home tab, right-click the Normal style, and choose Modify.
- Select Format, and then choose Paragraph.
- On the Indents and Spacing tab, under Indentation, select First line.
- Select OK.
- Select OK again.
How do I align a list in CSS?
Position The List Item Markers. The list-style-position property specifies the position of the list-item markers (bullet points). “list-style-position: outside;” means that the bullet points will be outside the list item. The start of each line of a list item will be aligned vertically.
How do I move UL to right in CSS?
First, set the “UL” “text-align” to “right”. Second, change the left “background-position” from “0” to “100%” – which makes the image align up with the right edge. And finally change “padding-left” to “padding-right”.
What do u mean by indent?
transitive verb. 1 : to set (something, such as a line of a paragraph) in from the margin. 2 : to notch the edge of : make jagged. 3 chiefly British : to order by an indent.
Why is there an indent after 10?
1 Answer. You’ll need to move the left indent over a bit so that the two-digit numbers don’t overflow. … Those define the “First Line Indent” and the “Left Indent”. If the number is too wide, it forces the indent to jump to the next default tab stop.
How do you indent a list in Word?
Simply enter your first list as you normally would and then do the following:
- Click any number in the list to select the entire list.
- Right-click the selection and choose Adjust List Indents.
- In the resulting dialog, set the Number Position setting to 0 (which represents the left margin).
- Set Text Indent to . …
- Click OK.
How do I indent Numbering in Word?
Adjust the spacing between a bullet or number and text
- Select the list that you want to format.
- On the View menu, click Ruler. The ruler displays the indent markers for the selected bullet.
- Drag the text indent marker. , which is on the bottom of the ruler, to a new position.
How do you indent in VS code?
- Step 1: Click on Preferences > Settings.
- Step 2: The setting you are looking for is “Detect Indentation”, begin typing that. Click on “Editor: Tab Size”
- Step 3: Scroll down to “Editor: Tab Size” and type in 2 (or whatever you need). Changes are automatically saved. Example of my changes.
How many spaces is an indent?