What is style sheet with example?
A Style Sheet is a collection of style rules that that tells a browser how the various styles are to be applied to the HTML tags to present the document. Rules can be applied to all the basic HTML elements, for example the <p> tag, or you can define you own variation and apply them where you wish to.
What is an example for CSS property?
Text PropertiesPropertyDescriptionValuescolorSets the color of a textRGB, hex, keywordline-heightSets the distance between linesnormal, number, length, %letter-spacingIncrease or decrease the space between charactersnormal, lengthtext-alignAligns the text in an elementleft, right, center, justify
How do I write an external CSS StyleSheet?
How to Create a CSS External Style Sheet
- Start with an HTML file that contains an embedded style sheet, such as this one. …
- Create a new file and save it as StyleSheet. …
- Move all the CSS rules from the HTML file to the StyleSheet. …
- Remove the style block from the HTML file.
- In the HTML file, add a link tag after the closing title tag that points to StyleSheet.
What are the 3 types of CSS style sheets?
We learned that style sheets come in three types, external, internal, and inline. External ones have their own file and apply to every web page that includes them. Internal ones apply to the whole document, but you have to put them at the top of the page in the header.
What is a style sheet used for?
In word processing and desktop publishing, a style sheet is a file or form that defines the layout of a document. When you fill in a style sheet, you specify such parameters as the page size, margins, and fonts. Style sheets are useful because you can use the same style sheet for many documents.
What is cascading style sheet with example?
Stands for “Cascading Style Sheet.” Cascading style sheets are used to format the layout of Web pages. … For example, CSS can be used to define the cell padding of table cells, the style, thickness, and color of a table’s border, and the padding around images or other objects.
What is a CSS declaration?
A property and value pair is called a declaration, and any CSS engine calculates which declarations apply to every single element of a page in order to appropriately lay it out, and to style it. Both properties and values are case-insensitive by default in CSS.
How do you write in CSS?
- Use the HTML style attribute for inline styling.
- Use the HTML <style> element to define internal CSS.
- Use the HTML <link> element to refer to an external CSS file.
- Use the HTML <head> element to store <style> and <link> elements.
- Use the CSS color property for text colors.
What is CSS coding?
CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets. CSS describes how HTML elements are to be displayed on screen, paper, or in other media. CSS saves a lot of work. It can control the layout of multiple web pages all at once.
What is external CSS explain with example?
An external style sheet is a separate file linked to an HTML web page. It comes with a . CSS filename extension. All the styles that need to be used on a website can be declared in the external style sheet. External style sheets are an important tool from the webmaster’s perspective.
What is external style sheet in CSS?
An external style sheet is a separate file with a .CSS extension with all CSS style definitions for the HTML page(s). You give a reference to this file in the <link> tag inside the <head> in the HTML, as shown below: <html> <head> <title>My webpage</title>
What are the selectors in CSS?
- Simple selectors (select elements based on name, id, class)
- Combinator selectors (select elements based on a specific relationship between them)
- Pseudo-class selectors (select elements based on a certain state)
- Pseudo-elements selectors (select and style a part of an element)
What are the disadvantages of CSS?
While CSS has several benefits, some designers are quick to list the following cons:
- Speed: Downloading an HTML page will always take longer if CSS is embedded within it. …
- Weirdness: While CSS is easy to use and understand, its syntax is very different from HTML and not terribly user-friendly.
What is inline style in CSS?
Inline CSS allows you to apply a unique style to one HTML element at a time. You assign CSS to a specific HTML element by using the style attribute with any CSS properties defined within it. In the following example, you can see how to describe CSS style properties for an HTML <p> element in the same line of code.