How do I use font awesome in CSS?
- Copy the entire font-awesome directory into your project.
- In the <head> of your html, reference the location to your font-awesome. min. CSS. <link rel=”stylesheet” href=”path/to/font-awesome/CSS/font-awesome.min.CSS”>
- Check out the examples to start using Font Awesome!
What is Font Awesome used for?
Font Awesome is the most popular way to add font icons to your website. Font Awesome icons are created using scalable vectors, so you can use high quality icons that work well on any screen size.
How do I host a font awesome?
Copy the entire /webfonts folder and the /CSS/all.CSS into your project’s static assets directory (or where ever you prefer to keep front end assets or vendor stuff). Add a reference to the copied /CSS/all.CSS file into the <head> of each template or page that you want to use Font Awesome on.
How do I use font awesome icons?
You can place Font Awesome icons just about anywhere using the CSS Prefix fa and the icon’s name. Font Awesome is designed to be used with inline elements (we like the <i> tag for brevity, but using a <span> is more semantically correct). icon If you change the font-size of the icon’s container, the icon gets bigger.
How do I resize font awesome icons?
To increase the size of icons relative to its container, use icon-large , icon-2x , icon-3x , or icon-4x . Increase the icon size by using the icon-large (33% increase), icon-2x , icon-3x , or icon-4x classes.
Does bootstrap include font awesome?
The most popular and highly compatible icon library for Bootstrap is Font Awesome. It provides 675 icons which are available in font format for better usability and scalability. The advantage of using font icons is, you can create icons of any color just through applying the CSS color property.
How do I reverse font awesome icons?
Sometimes you need to rotate, flip, or mirror an icon for it to work in your project or design. We’ve included some quick utilities to help with that. To arbitrarily rotate and flip icons, use the fa-rotate-* and fa-flip-* classes when you reference an icon.
Can I use Font Awesome for free?
Font Awesome Free is free, open source, and GPL friendly. You can use it for commercial projects, open source projects, or really almost whatever you want.
How do I install font awesome locally?
How to use Font Awesome locally with our templates
- Add the Font Awesome font inside the template folders. 1.1. Go to Font Awesome and download it choosing the FOR THE WEB version. …
- Replace the Font Awesome CDN links with the version you have locally: Find the Font Awesome CDN code inside the index.php file, for example:
How do I add color to font awesome icons?
To change the color of the icons, simply add or change the “color” property in the CSS. So to change the color of the icons to red in the above example, add “color:red” to the .
How do I use font awesome icons offline in CSS?
- Download the font awesome free zip from the official site.
- there is a folder called ‘CSS’, copy that folder into your project folder, (important) and also copy the folder named ‘webfonts’
- then link the desired CSS file to html file (all.CSS or fontawesome.CSS or fontawesome.min.CSS) using the command.
How do I use Font Awesome 5 icons?
To use the Free Font Awesome 5 icons, you can choose to download the Font Awesome library, or you can sign up for an account at Font Awesome, and get a code (called KIT CODE) to use when you add Font Awesome to your web page.