How do I use Font Awesome icon in CSS?
Define Common CSS for Duotone Icons
- Add styling to element that will contain the pseudo-element to support positioning.
- Set the font-family to Font Awesome 5 Duotone , the font-weight to 900 , and add positioning styles for the pseudo-element.
- Set the default opacity levels and colors for each layer of the duotone icon.
How do I add font awesome icons to my background?
Here is a simple quick way to use icons from Font Awesome as a “background-image” using CSS. You need to get the code of the symbol of Font Awesome. The easiest way is to use your browser inspector on the the icon you want to use and copy the code, in my example it’s the little star icon using the code “f005”.
How do I download font awesome icons?
How to use Font Awesome locally with our templates
- Add the Font Awesome font inside the template folders. 1.1. Go to Font Awesome and download it choosing the FOR THE WEB version. …
- Replace the Font Awesome CDN links with the version you have locally: Find the Font Awesome CDN code inside the index.php file, for example:
How do I make font awesome icons bigger in CSS?
Increase the icon size by using the icon-large (33% increase), icon-2x , icon-3x , or icon-4x classes. If your icons are getting chopped off on top and bottom, make sure you have sufficient line-height.
How do you call an icon in CSS?
The simplest way to add an icon to your HTML page, is with an icon library, such as Font Awesome. Add the name of the specified icon class to any inline HTML element (like <i> or <span> ). All the icons in the icon libraries below, are scalable vectors that can be customized with CSS (size, color, shadow, etc.)
How do I use font awesome icons in react?
Create React App, which you can do by following How To Set Up A React Project.
- Step 1 — Using Font Awesome. …
- Step 2 — Choosing Icons. …
- Step 3 — Installing Font Awesome. …
- Step 4 — Creating an Icon Library. …
- Step 5 — Using Icons. …
- Step 6 — Using react-fontawesome and Icons Outside of React.
14 мая 2020 г.
How do you make icons in HTML?
To insert an icon, add the name of the icon class to any inline HTML element. The <i> and <span> elements are widely used to add icons. All the icons in the icon libraries below, are scalable vector icons that can be customized with CSS (size, color, shadow, etc.)
How do you change the background color on font awesome?
You can simply set a single “color” property to set the color of the character/icon to be what you want. If the background circle offsets the icon, you can use line-height to fix it. You just need to add the fa_with_bg class to it. * You may have to play a little with the top , left , width and height properties.
How do you put a background image in CSS?
CSS Demo: background-image
The background images are drawn on stacking context layers on top of each other. The first layer specified is drawn as if it is closest to the user. The borders of the element are then drawn on top of them, and the background-color is drawn beneath them.
How do I display font awesome icons in HTML?
Use this method to get the default Font Awesome CSS with the default Bootstrap CSS.
- Copy the font-awesome directory into your project.
- In the <head> of your html, reference the location to your font-awesome. min. CSS. …
- Check out the examples to start using Font Awesome!
How do I use font awesome icons offline in CSS?
- Download the font awesome free zip from the official site.
- there is a folder called ‘CSS’, copy that folder into your project folder, (important) and also copy the folder named ‘webfonts’
- then link the desired CSS file to html file (all.CSS or fontawesome.CSS or fontawesome.min.CSS) using the command.
How do font icons work?
Icon fonts are fonts that contain symbols and glyphs instead of letters or numbers. They’re popular for web designers since you can style them with CSS the same way as regular text. Also, since they’re vector’s they’re easily scale-able. … It’s also simple to change their color or add a shadow to an icon font’s shape.
How do I align font awesome icons to center?
The most preferred way to center Font Awesome Icons is to assign a center class to each <i> tag. Setting width to 100%, let’s each icon cover 100% area horizontally. Also text-align then centres the icon accordingly to the width being used.