How do you add icons before CSS?
How to Define an Icon Using CSS Pseudo-Elements
- Set the pseudo-element to match either the ::before or ::after you used in the previous common set up step.
- Set the font-family to the right family for the icons you want to use (see family table below).
How do you select before an element in CSS?
CSS ::before Selector
The ::before selector inserts something before the content of each selected element(s). Use the content property to specify the content to insert. Use the ::after selector to insert something after the content.
How do I add a pseudo element in CSS?
A CSS pseudo-element is a keyword added to a selector that lets you style a specific part of the selected element(s). For example, ::first-line can be used to change the font of the first line of a paragraph. Note: In contrast to pseudo-elements, pseudo-classes can be used to style an element based on its state.
How can you apply a cascading style sheet to HTML elements?
CSS can be added to HTML documents in 3 ways: Inline – by using the style attribute inside HTML elements. Internal – by using a <style> element in the <head> section.
How do you import icons into CSS?
The simplest way to add an icon to your HTML page, is with an icon library, such as Font Awesome. Add the name of the specified icon class to any inline HTML element (like <i> or <span> ). All the icons in the icon libraries below, are scalable vectors that can be customized with CSS (size, color, shadow, etc.)
How do I use font icons in CSS?
Building / Mapping Your Icon Font
- Pick out an icon font.
- Go to IcoMoon and load it up (or use their icon set)
- Choose the icons you want.
- Map them to the characters you want. Best to map to a relavant symbol or PUA.
- Download the fonts/demo.
What are the selectors in CSS?
- Simple selectors (select elements based on name, id, class)
- Combinator selectors (select elements based on a specific relationship between them)
- Pseudo-class selectors (select elements based on a certain state)
- Pseudo-elements selectors (select and style a part of an element)
What does before mean CSS?
In CSS, ::before creates a pseudo-element that is the first child of the selected element. It is often used to add cosmetic content to an element with the content property. It is inline by default.
What are the components of a CSS style?
The components of CSS style are:
- Selecter:HTML element name, id name, class name.
- Property:It’s like an attribute such as background color,font-size,position,text-align,color,border etc.
- Values:which defines property or values allocate for properties.
What is pseudo classes in CSS?
A CSS pseudo-class is a keyword added to a selector that specifies a special state of the selected element(s). For example, :hover can be used to change a button’s color when the user’s pointer hovers over it.
How do you select a child element in CSS?
The child combinator ( > ) is placed between two CSS selectors. It matches only those elements matched by the second selector that are the direct children of elements matched by the first. Elements matched by the second selector must be the immediate children of the elements matched by the first selector.
What is Z index in CSS?
The z-index CSS property sets the z-order of a positioned element and its descendants or flex items. Overlapping elements with a larger z-index cover those with a smaller one.
What are the 3 types of CSS?
Difference Between the 3 Types of CSS Styles: Inline, External and Internal. In this tutorial, you will learn the difference between the three types of CSS styles: inline, external, and internal.
Which property is used to change the font of an element in CSS?
The font property is the one that changes all aspects of a font, including family, style and weight. The font-family property only changes the font-family.