How do you call a function from an external js file in HTML?
You need to use multiple script elements.
- a script> to load the external script.
- a script> to hold your inline code (with the call to the function in the external script) scroll_messages();
Open Notepad or TextEdit, open the template folder, then drag the . js file into Notepad or TextEdit and drop it. Open Notepad or TextEdit, select “file” then “open”, browse to the template folder, select “all file types” and open the . js file that way.
Press Command + Option + J (Mac) or Control + Shift + J (Windows, Linux, Chrome OS) to open the Console, right here on this very page. Figure 2.
Use Cross-Browser Compliant Libraries
To link a CSS file with your HTML file, you have to write the next script on your HTML file inside the head tag. To link a Js file with your HTML, you only have to add the source of the script inside the body tag or outside; it doesn’t matter.25 мая 2017 г.
- Use the keyword function followed by the name of the function.
- After the function name, open and close parentheses.
- After parenthesis, open and close curly braces.
- Within curly braces, write your lines of code.