Debug server-side script
- To run your app, press F5 (Debug > Start Debugging). …
- Press F5 to continue the app.
- Step 1: Reproduce the bug.
- Step 2: Get familiar with the Sources panel UI.
- Step 3: Pause the code with a breakpoint.
- Step 4: Step through the code.
- Step 5: Set a line-of-code breakpoint.
- Step 6: Check variable values. Method 1: The Scope pane. Method 2: Watch Expressions. Method 3: The Console.
- Step 7: Apply a fix.
How do I run a debug code in Visual Studio?
- To bring up the Run view, select the Run icon in the Activity Bar on the side of VS Code. …
- To run or debug a simple app in VS Code, press F5 and VS Code will try to run your currently active file.
- If you go back to the File Explorer view (Ctrl+Shift+E), you’ll see that VS Code has created a .
How do you debug?
7 Steps to Debug Efficiently and Effectively
- 1) Always Reproduce the Bug Before You Start Changing Code.
- 2) Understand Stack Traces.
- 3) Write a Test Case that Reproduces the Bug.
- 4) Know Your Error Codes.
- 5) Google! Bing! Duck! Duck! Go!
- 6) Pair Program Your Way Out of It.
- 7) Celebrate Your Fix.
How do I debug HTML in Visual Studio?
To debug by inspecting the live DOM
- Create a new solution in Visual Studio by choosing File > New Project.
- Type a name for the project, such as FlipViewApp , and choose OK to create the app.
- In the BODY element of index.html, add this code:
How do you debug vs?
- Press F5 (Debug > Start Debugging) or the Start Debugging button. …
- While in the debugger, hover over a line of code until the Run to Click (Run execution to here) button. …
- Click the Restart. …
- If you do want to stop the debugger and get back into the code editor, you can press the red stop.
What is step out in debugging?
Step over – An action to take in the debugger that will step over a given line. If the line contains a function the function will be executed and the result returned without debugging each line. … Step out – An action to take in the debugger that returns to the line where the current function was called.
How do I debug VBA code?
- Empty the range A1:E2. …
- Press F8 four times. …
- Press F8 two more times. …
- Single step through the rest of the code to see how Excel VBA enters the other numbers. …
- Click on the green arrow to execute the macro until the breakpoint. …
- Only part of the macro (for i = 1) has been executed.
How do I debug my browser?
- Step 1: Open your application in the Chrome web browser.
- Step 2: Open developer console by inspecting your web page and select source tab or Go to View → Developer → View Source.
- Step 3: Set the breakpoint on your source code something similar to what we did in Mozilla browser.
- Cross Browser Testing Tools. …
- Karma + Jasmine + Google Chrome. …
- CodePen. …
- JSBin. …
How do I run code in VS code?
To run code:
- use shortcut Ctrl+Alt+N.
- or press F1 and then select/type Run Code ,
- or right click the Text Editor and then click Run Code in editor context menu.
- or click Run Code button in editor title menu.
- or click Run Code button in context menu of file explorer.
Can I run Java in Visual Studio?
Visual Studio Code allows you to debug Java applications through the Debugger for Java extension. It’s a lightweight Java debugger based on Java Debug Server, which extends the Language Support for Java by Red Hat.