- Step 1: Reproduce the bug.
- Step 2: Get familiar with the Sources panel UI.
- Step 3: Pause the code with a breakpoint.
- Step 4: Step through the code.
- Step 5: Set a line-of-code breakpoint.
- Step 6: Check variable values. Method 1: The Scope pane. Method 2: Watch Expressions. Method 3: The Console.
- Step 7: Apply a fix.
How do I debug in Visual Studio?
Set a breakpoint and start the debugger
- To debug, you need to start your app with the debugger attached to the app process. …
- Press F5 (Debug > Start Debugging) or the Start Debugging button. …
- To start your app with the debugger attached, press F11 (Debug > Step Into).
How do you debug?
7 Steps to Debug Efficiently and Effectively
- 1) Always Reproduce the Bug Before You Start Changing Code.
- 2) Understand Stack Traces.
- 3) Write a Test Case that Reproduces the Bug.
- 4) Know Your Error Codes.
- 5) Google! Bing! Duck! Duck! Go!
- 6) Pair Program Your Way Out of It.
- 7) Celebrate Your Fix.
How do I debug my browser?
- Step 1: Open your application in the Chrome web browser.
- Step 2: Open developer console by inspecting your web page and select source tab or Go to View → Developer → View Source.
- Step 3: Set the breakpoint on your source code something similar to what we did in Mozilla browser.
- Select ‘Inspect Element’ from page, which highlights the line in the Elements tab.
- Right-click the line and select ‘Go to function definition’
- Correct script is loaded in the Scripts tab and it jumps to the function definition.
How do you debug HTML code?
Click any element with right mouse button > inspect. Use Ctrl+Shift+I (or Cmd+Opt+I on Mac) to open the DevTools and pick the Elements tab.
How do I stop debugging in Visual Studio?
To end a debugging session in Microsoft Visual Studio, from the Debug menu, choose Stop Debugging.11 мая 2018 г.
How do I start debugging in Visual Studio code?
Once you have your launch configuration set, start your debug session with F5. Alternatively you can run your configuration through the Command Palette (Ctrl+Shift+P), by filtering on Debug: Select and Start Debugging or typing ‘debug ‘ , and selecting the configuration you want to debug.
What is step out in debugging?
Step over – An action to take in the debugger that will step over a given line. If the line contains a function the function will be executed and the result returned without debugging each line. … Step out – An action to take in the debugger that returns to the line where the current function was called.