Android phone & tablet
- Open the Google Chrome Internet browser.
- In the upper-right corner, click the. icon.
- On the drop-down menu that appears, tap the Settings option.
- Under the Advanced section, tap Site settings.
- Select Settings from the three-dot menu icon.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Advanced.
- Click Content Settings in the Privacy and security section.
- Click Allowed (recommended) to change it to Block.
How do I disable Chrome?
Chrome is already installed on most Android devices, and can’t be removed.
- Open your device’s Settings app .
- Tap Apps & notifications.
- Tap Chrome. . If you don’t see it, first tap See all apps or App info.
- Tap Disable.
- From a Home screen, navigate: Apps icon > (Google) > Chrome . …
- Tap the Menu icon. …
- Tap Settings.
- From the Advanced section, tap Site settings.
What happens if I delete Chrome?
If you delete profile information when you uninstall Chrome, the data won’t be on your computer anymore. If you are signed in to Chrome and syncing your data, some information might still be on Google’s servers. To delete, clear your browsing data.
Will uninstalling Chrome get rid of malware?
Chrome can help you find suspicious or unwanted programs on your computer. If Chrome finds an unwanted program, click Remove. Chrome will remove the software, change some settings to default, and turn off extensions. You can also check for malware manually.