Open Notepad or TextEdit, open the template folder, then drag the . js file into Notepad or TextEdit and drop it. Open Notepad or TextEdit, select “file” then “open”, browse to the template folder, select “all file types” and open the . js file that way.
Press Command + Option + J (Mac) or Control + Shift + J (Windows, Linux, Chrome OS) to open the Console, right here on this very page. Figure 2.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under “Privacy and security,” click Content settings.
- Turn on Allowed (recommended).
Can I use File API?
Using the File API, which was added to the DOM in HTML5, it’s now possible for web content to ask the user to select local files and then read the contents of those files. This selection can be done by either using an HTML file”> element or by drag and drop.