How hard is it to teach yourself to code?
The simple answer is: no, coding is not hard to learn. If you take the time and have a little patience, you can really learn just about anything–coding is no exception. Learning to code takes time and persistence, but if you have that, then coding is not hard to learn.
Imperitive programming has a tendency to be messy by default because its focused on trying to tell the computer how to do everything, rather than describing what needs to be done.
- Reading a lot is not enough and not reading at all is bad as well.
- Don’t be afraid to leave your comfort zone.
- When writing an algorithm, plain text may be helpful.
- Stop using alerts and embrace console. log.
- Get some basic concepts clear.
- Looking for more?
- Websites: Okay, so you can file this one under ‘pretty obvious’. …
- Web Applications: As browsers and personal computers have continued to improve, so, too, has the abilities to create robust web applications. …
- Presentations: …
- Server applications: …
- Web Servers: …
- Games: …
- Art: …
- Smartwatch apps:
Basically, yes, if you know JS and whatever framework the company you’re applying to uses, you can get a job, but if it’s your first job they might expect to give you a decent amount of hands-on training for the first 3-6 months or so.