How do you comment out a line of code in PHP?
- single line comment used for quick notes about complex code or to temporarily disable a line of PHP code. You need to add // or # before the code.
- multi-line comment used to comment out large blocks of code or writing multiple line comments. You need to add /* before and */ after the code.
How should we add a single line comment in our PHP code?
PHP Comment Syntax: Single Line Comment
To do a single line comment type “//” or “#” and all text to the right will be ignored by PHP interpreter.
How do I add comments to my code?
In line comments are usually made using the “single line” commenting syntax of the language. You should add “in-line” comments wherever you think a little bit of English explanation would be useful to either yourself or someone else (like a TA) who is going to read your code.
What are PHP comments?
Comments in PHP
A comment in PHP code is a line that is not executed as a part of the program. Its only purpose is to be read by someone who is looking at the code. Comments can be used to: Let others understand your code.
How do I comment PHP code in WordPress?
To comment part of a section, you have to already be inside PHP tags. So you don’t need to open a new set. // will get you there as a one line comment if you are in PHP tags and at the end of a line. Line wrap will apply.
Which of the following is used to add multiple line comments in PHP?
In PHP, we can comments multiple lines also. To do so, we need to enclose all lines within /* */.
How do you write Hello World in PHP?
php // Declare the variable ‘string’ and assign it a value. // The
is the HTML equivalent to a new line. $string = ‘Hello World!
‘; // You can echo the variable, similar to the way you would echo a string. echo $string; // You could also use print.
What is basic PHP syntax?
Basic PHP Syntax
The default file extension for PHP files is ” . php “. A PHP file normally contains HTML tags, and some PHP scripting code. Below, we have an example of a simple PHP file, with a PHP script that uses a built-in PHP function ” echo ” to output the text “Hello World!”
How do you give good comments?
So here’s a hundred ready-made compliments to try out yourself:
- You’re an awesome friend.
- You’re a gift to those around you.
- You’re a smart cookie.
- You are awesome!
- You have impeccable manners.
- I like your style.
- You have the best laugh.
- I appreciate you.
How do you make good comments?
Top ten tips for writing a great comment
- Read the article. It sounds obvious, but you’d be surprised how many comments can be answered with the words “it says in the article”.
- Respond to the article. … …
- Read the other comments. …
- Make it clear who you’re replying to. …
- Use the return key. …
- Avoid sarcasm. …
- Avoid unnecessary acronyms. …
- Use facts.
How are comments written in a program?
In computer programming, a comment is a programmer-readable explanation or annotation in the source code of a computer program. They are added with the purpose of making the source code easier for humans to understand, and are generally ignored by compilers and interpreters.
How do you create a real time commenting system?
- Step 1: Create a folder named public and create an index. html. …
- Step 2: Add boilerplate Code to our index. html. …
- Step 3: Create style. …
- Step 4: Add the Pusher JS library and create app. …
- Step 5: Creating Form for adding new comment. …
- Step 6: Display list of comments received for this channel.
How do you add a comment box in HTML?
The following comment box code consists of a form containing a small textarea (the comment box) and an input field (the submit button).
- html/tags/html_form_tag_action.cfm” method=”post”>
- comments” id=”comments” style=”font-family:sans-serif;font-size:1.2em;”>
- Hey… …