How do you comment out a line in PHP?
How to write comments in PHP
- Answer: Use the Syntax “// text” and “/* text */” Comments are usually written within the block of PHP code to explain the functionality of the code. …
- Single Line Comments. PHP single line comment begins with // , See the example below: …
- Multi-line Comments. …
- Related FAQ.
How do I comment out PHP in HTML?
PHP supports several ways of commenting:
- Syntax for single-line comments: <! DOCTYPE html> <html> <body> // This is a single-line comment. …
- Syntax for multiple-line comments: <! DOCTYPE html> <html> <body> /* …
- Using comments to leave out parts of the code: <! DOCTYPE html> <html> <body>
How do I comment out a block of PHP code?
- single line comment used for quick notes about complex code or to temporarily disable a line of PHP code. You need to add // or # before the code.
- multi-line comment used to comment out large blocks of code or writing multiple line comments. You need to add /* before and */ after the code.
How should we add a single line comment in our PHP code?
PHP Comment Syntax: Single Line Comment
To do a single line comment type “//” or “#” and all text to the right will be ignored by PHP interpreter.
How do you write Hello World in PHP?
php // Declare the variable ‘string’ and assign it a value. // The <br> is the HTML equivalent to a new line. $string = ‘Hello World! <br>’; // You can echo the variable, similar to the way you would echo a string. echo $string; // You could also use print.
How do you create a cookie in PHP?
What does PHP stands for?
PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor
Is PHP case sensitive?
In PHP, variable and constant names are case sensitive, while function names are not.
What is the correct way to end PHP statement?
Instruction separation ¶
As in C or Perl, PHP requires instructions to be terminated with a semicolon at the end of each statement. The closing tag of a block of PHP code automatically implies a semicolon; you do not need to have a semicolon terminating the last line of a PHP block.
How do I comment PHP code in WordPress?
To comment part of a section, you have to already be inside PHP tags. So you don’t need to open a new set. // will get you there as a one line comment if you are in PHP tags and at the end of a line. Line wrap will apply.
What are the different types of arrays in PHP?
In PHP, there are three types of arrays:
- Indexed arrays – Arrays with a numeric index.
- Associative arrays – Arrays with named keys.
- Multidimensional arrays – Arrays containing one or more arrays.
What will be the value of $var in PHP?
PHP $$var uses the value of the variable whose name is the value of $var. It means $$var is known as reference variable where as $var is normal variable. It allows you to have a “variable’s variable” – the program can create the variable name the same way it can create any other string.
What is difference between echo and print in PHP?
They are both used to output data to the screen. The differences are small: echo has no return value while print has a return value of 1 so it can be used in expressions. echo can take multiple parameters (although such usage is rare) while print can take one argument. echo is marginally faster than print .